Lake County – A Premiere Sporting Event Destination
State-of-the-art venues and facilities, close proximity to Orlando-area attractions, access to major airports and roadways and economical hotel prices combine to put Lake County on the leader board for many site selectors.
With a name like Lake County, it shouldn't be a surprise that the area is home to more than 1,400 glistening lakes, which make it an ideal location for fishing tournaments, water ski championships or boating competitions. But the area is recognized for more than just water-related sports. Known as the "World Triathlon Destination," the distinct elevation changes and gently rolling hills that are unique to this Central Florida locale lends itself to exceptional triathlon courses or a challenging game of golf.
To learn more about why Lake County is the right location for sporting events, contact a member of the Lake County Economic Development & Tourism team.
- Scenery and topography unlike anywhere else in the state, including 1,400 named lakes, nature trails and rolling hills, plus the highest point in peninsular Florida, Sugarloaf Mountain
- State-of-the-art facilities like the National Training Center in Clermont and The Big House in Tavares
- Close proximity to Central Florida theme parks and downtown Orlando
- A short drive to two major international airports
- Cost-effective hotels
- Home and training ground to Olympic and National Championship athletes
- Sports-friendly government officials who take a hands-on approach to helping organize local county and city athletic events
- The Central Florida Sports Commission, a non-profit private organization that solicits, creates and supports sports-related events and businesses